Join Culver City Firefighters, ABC7, Toys for Tots, Southern California firefighters, along with presenting sponsor Subaru, in celebrating the 30th year of the Spark of Love Toy Drive – the largest community toy drive in the nation.
This special community campaign collects new, unwrapped toys and sports equipment for children and teens in need in Los Angeles, San Bernardino, Orange, Ventura and Riverside counties. Over the past two and a half decades, the Spark of Love Toy Drive has successfully collected more than nine million toys! Due to the effects of the pandemic and devastating wildfires, our community partners anticipate this year's requests for toys will reach higher than ever.
The Spark of Love Toy Drive launched on Monday, November 14, 2022 on digital platforms and on-air throughout the ABC7 newscasts. It will run through December 24, 2022.
How to Donate
- Drop off new, unwrapped toys or sports equipment at your local fire station. (Subject to change anytime due to public health protocol.)
- Culver City Fire Station #1 – 9600 Culver Boulevard
- Culver City Fire Station #2 – 11252 Washington Boulevard
- Culver City Fire Station #3 – 6030 Bristol Parkway
- Text to Give: Text "SPARK" to 24365
- Donate online via the Los Angeles Fire Department Foundation website. Select the “Spark of Love” campaign when you donate.
Suggested Toy Donation Items
While we receive many toys for younger children, we are always short on infant and teen items. For teens, we suggest: cameras, watches, sunglasses, earphones, skateboards, scooters, basketballs, soccer balls, footballs, hair tools (e.g., blow dryers, flat irons, etc.), jewelry, make-up brushes, and crossbody bags/handbags.
Please NO toy weapons (e.g., guns, knives, lightsabers, etc.), glass products, liquids, and toiletries (e.g., fragrances, nail polish, etc.).
Share your photos and videos on social media with #SparkOfLove, and you could be featured on Eyewitness News! When using #SparkOfLove, you agree ABC7 and its licensees may use, edit and distribute the post without restriction in all media per these terms.