Welcome to the City of Culver City's Emergency Preparedness Division
With over 40,000 residents, a daytime population of 150,000, and more than 6,600 businesses within five square miles, there is no greater responsibility for the City of Culver City than to protect the public and ensure that everyone is ready to respond to and recover from a natural or man-made emergency or disaster. Culver City is prone to 13 of 16 possible natural and man-made disasters and threats. The City is particularly vulnerable to the destructive effects of wildfire, flooding, mudslides and earthquakes. Because of the many threats that Culver City faces, the importance of readiness as a City and for residents cannot be overstated.
Take time today to 1. Make a Plan, 2. Build a Kit, and 3. Stay Informed!
Register your cell phone number, home phone number and email address with Everbridge, the City of Culver City's Official Emergency Mass Notification System. Everbridge will be used to send voice messages, text messages and email messages to residents and businesses during times of emergencies and disasters. Notifying the public when a disaster strikes might be the one and only safeguard the public can count on to save their lives and protect their property. It's easy to get started. Visit our City Member Portal and get registered.
- Community Guide to Emergency Alerts and Warnings(PDF, 545KB)
- Disaster Preparedness Guide(PDF, 3MB)
- Home Hazard Hunt(PDF, 4MB)
- Family Disaster Plan(PDF, 280KB)
- Family Disaster Supplies Kit(PDF, 166KB)
- Editable Disaster Plan(PDF, 347KB)
- Editable Disaster Plan Spanish(PDF, 345KB)
- OK Sign(PDF, 420KB)
- Emergency Kit Supplier List(PDF, 192KB)
- 2016 Emergency Operations Plan(PDF, 9MB)