The mission of the CCFD Girls Camp is to introduce young adults, ages 14-18, to a career in public safety. The program is designed to provide individuals with a realistic hands-on introduction to firefighting and Emergency Medical Services (EMS) skills. Over the course of two days, campers will learn how to wear personal protective equipment, climb ladders, pull fire hose, Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and more. Each student will be supervised by firefighters in a safe and physically challenging environment, with an emphasis on building self-confidence and fortitude.
The CCFD Girls Camp is a free two-day day camp. All teens, ages 14-18, are welcome to attend. Participants must register in advance.
Camp Activities Include
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) donning/doffing
- Aerial ladder climb
- CPR/AED/First Aid
- Forcible entry
- Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA) donning/doffing
- Introduction to power tools
- Hose handling
- Fire extinguishers overview
Culver City Fire Department Training Facility
9275 Jefferson Blvd.
Culver City, CA 90232
A parent/guardian must sign campers in and out of camp each day.
Saturday, November 12 and Sunday, November 13, 2022
8 AM - 4 PM (check in starts at 7:30 AM each day)
Each camper will be provided with
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to use while at camp
Each Camper is required to bring
- Workout attire (e.g., sneakers, shorts, t-shirt)
- NO spaghetti straps, strapless/tube tops, baggy clothes, open toe shoes
- Water bottle